Strategic Value Of Employee Benefits
Real Economic Empowerment
Creation of future financial security and financial freedom that enables a meaningful life.
- Ability to “first pay self” by first allocating contributions towards future finances.
- Unlocking of immediate tax benefits.
- Gaining a tangible EMPLOYER contribution that helps save more and maximises long-term investment returns.
- Easy access to:
- affordable, flexible and dynamic investment solutions, professionally monitored and managed over time.
- professional financial and retirement planning and advice.
- The opportunity to:
- partner with a professional financial planner for life.
- enhance financial and retirement knowledge plus insight that promotes sound financial behaviour.
Maximising Human Capital Value and ROI
- Enhanced Employee Benefit Offering that offers cost-effectiveness and tangible long-term value, helping to attract and retain talent, improving human capital value.
- Gaining a significant competitive advantage in hiring and retaining best talent.
- Becoming an Employer-of-Choice.
- Providing employees with a greater sense of future financial security, promoting employee engagement at various levels while improving productivity.
- Adding life insurance and other benefits to the mix, Employers ensure that families are looked after in case of death or unforeseen job losses due to illness or layoffs.
What do the stats say?
6 of 10 SA fund members
are privately administered and funded – 60% of employees do not have or have little access to adequate Employer Retirement funding options and have to look after their financial future without assistance from Employers.
Towers Watson’s 2013/2014 Global Benefit Attitudes Survey – USA
of job seekers viewed Employee Benefits offering as an important reason for choosing a specific employer
2015 Sanlam Benchmark Survey
of members have no other personal savings aside from their retirement savings.
would not opt out of compulsory savings through their retirement fund if given the option…and
would not reduce their current contribution rates if given the option, indicating an appreciation of this benefit.
of members believe that their Employers Pension fund was managed too conservatively.
said they could have considered an alternative option.
sought retirement advice from their financial adviser or broker
What do we say?
EMPLOYERS play an important role in the future economic empowerment of employees. In fact, EMPLOYERS are key in the system to make a real difference in the future economic outlook of retirees.
Group financing and retirement planning that is individualised and managed by a professional financial planner attracts and retains talent. It also offers significant cost benefits and increased return on investment over time. Due to limited knowledge, the majority of employees with access to EMPLOYEE RETIREMENT PLANNING choose default options, which in general offers conservative growth. Decision-making also resides with a Board of Trustees that does not specialise in financial and retirement planning. Monitoring of performances by funds is not conducted comprehensively and on a regular basis, leaving room for neglect and poor decision-making.
Group financing is key but individualisation and personalised service makes the real difference – for EMPLOYEES and EMPLOYERS alike.
Ultima offers EMPLOYERS the opportunity to develop flexible and dynamic EMPLOYEE RETIREMENT BENEFITS that come with training and on-going professional financial advice. We are committed to help you create financial security and wealth for your employees over time, providing them with peace of mind and the capability to live a meaningful life. Together we enhance your organisation as an EMPLOYER-OF-CHOICE. We look after the future financial security of your employees.
As a professional financial planner and advisor focused on personalised service and care, we CREATE VALUE TO ENABLE A MEANINGFUL LIFE for all South African citizens. We do this by offering:
Comprehensive EMPLOYEE FINANCIAL PLANNING AND RETIREMENT BENEFIT consulting services to South African companies from Small and Medium Sized Enterprises to large corporations employing hundreds of people.
– Individual financial and retirement planning and advice.
What do the experts say?
If employers do not offer guidance and support, where in the system will we be able to help shape and form our youth and guide them to more sustainable (financial) practices?
The employer is best placed to influence this process (retirement planning) as it determines the structure of the retirement funding mechanism and has the infrastructure to connect employees with the fund.
Gone are the days of life-long employment – today’s workforce tends to be highly mobile. Employers need to think carefully about the benefits that they offer, as these are often key in attracting and retaining staff. One such benefit could be a retirement annuity fund (RA).